Getting Started in Video
The world of video is one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
Where once video production was limited to the professional, today, anyone can produce professional-quality video with relatively inexpensive equipment (including Smartphones), and the right kind of training.
Good video is a necessity, whether you’re going to use it on your website, for your power point presentations, to sell your home, your car or yourself. Even if your passion is just to make great home movies or videos of your travels, then you need some instruction because no one wants to endure endless hours of unwatchable footage (no matter how adorable the kids are).
We’ve designed a series of courses that are just for you: the non-professional who wants to produce like a pro.
In our 1 and 2 day courses we can take you from rank amateur with no experience whatsoever to someone who can produce professional quality video every single time.
“Very inspiring and motivating program. I cannot wait to start shooting.”
– Bryan Bates
“It was a great starting point for me.”
– Jeff Beal
1-Day How to Shoot Great Video
New York City
1-Day “How to Shoot Great Video” $295
Wednesday February 28th, 2018Register
1-Day “How to Shoot Great Video” £250
Tuesday April 3rd, 2018Register
Shooting good video is more than just turning up, turning on the camera and pointing it at something. We’ll teach you the ˜tricks of the trade’ in order to shoot great quality video for your website or just for the special events in your life, every single time.
In this one-day class our professional instructors will show you a simple and foolproof method that will turn your video into something everyone will want to enjoy. It isn’t hard to learn, but once you master it, you will be able to produce professional-quality video.
The day includes a field shooting exercise as well as classroom instruction and one on one critique. This course will change the way you think about shooting video forever. We have a limited number of cameras available for rent, and you are welcome to use your Smartphone to shoot video during this course.
- This is a hands-on course. You will actually shoot video.
- If you don’t have your own camera, you can use your Smartphone.
- How to shoot great video that is professional and disciplined.
- How to shoot video ‘for the cut’ so that you can edit it simply without hours of screening and scanning.
- How to know “what to shoot” and “what not to shoot” in every situation.
- How to convince people to “let you shoot” at their location.
- How to make yourself the star of your own video.
- What about audio? How to make sure it’s perfect every time.
- What about lights? How to use the lighting that you have.
- What equipment should I buy?
1-Day Video Editing for Beginners
New York City
One-Day Video Editing for Beginners $295
Thursday March 1st, 2018Register
One-Day Video Editing for Beginners £250
Wednesday April 4th, 2018Register
Video and film editing used to be expensive and complicated. Not any more!
Now anyone can learn to use one of the simplest yet most powerful tools in the world to turn raw video into really compelling stories.
Time was when a professional editing suite cost £500,000 or more and required years of technical training. Today, a simple piece of software that any 9-year old can operate is more powerful than those massive editing suites of the past.
And they’re all available to you, and simple to operate. Yet you can do remarkable things with just a bit of learning.
In this one-day course we will take you through the basics of learning to edit your video, from how to tell a compelling story to how to edit it into a story you can share with friends or your clients. Using Final Cut software you will see how easy it is to edit even if you have never tried before.
At the end of the day we guarantee that you will have completed a short video, all on your own, to take away with you, it’s that simple. No laptop? We have a limited amount for you to rent.
- How to edit. In just one day we’ll teach you all the basics you need to know to start editing your video.
- How do I upload video to my laptop?
- How do I manage video so I always know what I have?
- What makes a good story? How do I make my videos compelling?
- How do I script a story?
- How do I track my narration? How does narration work?
- How do I marry together my video, my music and my narration?
- What about graphics? Can I do that?
- Can I put still photographs in my video? Maps?
- What about music?
- What makes a good edit? What makes a great one?
- How do I mix audio to make sure everything sounds great?
- How do I upload and share the video I have just made?
Unleash your creative self and be amazed at how very simple this most important skill is.
2-Day Video Producers Course
New York City
2-Day Video Producers Course $525
Wednesday February 28th – Thursday March 1st, 2018Register
2-Day Video Producers Course £395
Tuesday April 3rd- Wednesday April 4th, 2018Register
Do you want to be able to produce high-quality videos for your business or your website, or do you just want to be able to make great home movies that people will actually want to watch?
We run two-day intensive classes with New York Magazine in New York City and The Guardian Newspaper in London. These classes will teach you everything you need to get started, how to shoot, how to tell a compelling story and how to edit using Final Cut software. By the end of the two days you will have produced your own short film and will understand what it takes to make a really good video.
No prior experience is required. We have a limited number of cameras available for rent, but you are welcome to use your Smartphone to shoot video during this class.
Of course, you’re already part of the way there because you know what great video and film looks like. You see it all the time on TV or at the movies or online. But how do you get it to look so professional? It isn’t hard.
We’re going to walk you through a very well-defined step-by-step process that is going to teach you how to make perfect video every single time, no matter what the subject matter, no matter where the location. Whether you’re planning on creating compelling video for your own website, using video to enhance your business presentations, using video to sell your house or your car, or even yourself; or just making great home video, this is the course for you.
In the course of the 2-day session you’ll actually go out and shoot all the elements of a video piece. Then you’ll script it, track it, edit it and screen it for a professional critique before you take it home.
Working with your personal instructors, you’ll learn everything you need to know to produce professional quality video on what is essentially home-video equipment. It’s fast, it’s cheap and it’s simple to do, once you know what to do.
- What are the elements of a great video story?
- How do I “shoot for the cut”, and make every shot count?
- Critiquing your video “what works and what does not”.
- How to get great audio.
- Access! How to convince people to let you shoot video with them or at their place?
- Interview? Or not?
- I want to be the star of my own film!
- How to get important information across so that people will not only watch but enjoy the experience.
- How to assemble a video story.
- The importance of storytelling “ how to make it compelling”.
- How to edit your video – everything you need to know.
- How to write and lay in a narration.
- How to mix sound.
- How to incorporate graphics and music.
- How to upload and share your video.
- What equipment should I get?
- How can I use audio to enhance my business.
- How can I make money from these new skills?