We offer intensive 4-day courses in professional video journalism training in which you will learn everything you need to know in order to shoot, edit, script, story-tell, produce and upload broadcast quality video stories all on
This is a complete hands-on training course, if you don’t have your own equipment you can rent what you need from us. During the course you will have the opportunity make two complete videos.
These are the same courses used to train professional journalists at the BBC, The New York Times, Conde Nast, McGraw Hill, Radio Free Europe, ARD in Germany, as well as the Travel Channel and many other major media and journalism companies around the world.
4 Days, 9:30am – 6pm
This course is specifically designed for the media
professional who wishes to become proficient in the use of
digital video both for broadcast and for online. It is open to
current employees of media companies; those who wish to
work for media companies and to those who would like to
freelance and sell their work.
At the end of four days, you will be able to deliver a
professional, broadcast quality video piece every single time.
No prior experience in video or television is required for this
• How to shoot great video.
• How to script a video story.
• How to edit video on a laptop quickly and easily.
• How to structure a compelling story for video.
• How to track your own voice and create narration.
• How to mix audio for professional results.
• How to add music, graphics and titles to your video.
• How to produce a professional product every time.
• How to create great video stories for air or online.
• How to upload and distribute your video.
• How to market and sell your video (for freelancers).
• Legal and copyright issues.
• Music rights.
““A genuinely transformative course and life experience. Runs counter to everything I’ve been taught in PR for 15 years. This is the future. Thanks again, I’ll use this course every day.”
– Martin Grey
“I learned more from you in 4 days than 4 years at UCLA’s film school and for a fraction of the cost.”
– Evan Scherr
“This is one of the best learning experiences I have ever had. Really great stuff!”
– Timothy J. Engel
“The best course anyone could take.”
– Christina Lowe
The Thomson Foundation
46 Chancery Lane
London, England WC2A 1JE
Mon-Thurs July 11th-14th, 2016
4 Day Bootcamp £1249 £999 for a Limited-Time Only
New York City
Weds-Sat September 7th- 10th, 2016
4 Day Bootcamp $1995 $1596 for a Limited-Time Only