Making Video Professionally
If you’re a professional journalist then you know the kind of pressure the industry is under. Whether you work in newspapers, television, magazines or online, change is coming. We believe that digital video training is the best way to protect your job and secure your future. In four days, we can teach you to expand your skills and abilities deep into the growing world of video journalism.
In London we have partnered with The Guardian, one of the most powerful and highly respected journalism institutions in the world to offer a unique course for industry professionals.
– Ann Gould
– Hilary White
4-day Video Journalism Boot Camp
Tues-Fri Sept 22nd-25th, 2015
£999 (20% Off Limited-Time Offer)
Tues-Fri Nov 17th-20th, 2015
4 Days £1249
New Dates TBA
Please click below to be notified when new dates are announced.Notify Me
About The Courses
These are intensive 4-day courses in professional video journalism training in which you will learn everything you need to know in order to shoot, edit, script, story-tell, produce and upload broadcast quality video stories all on your own.
They are complete hands-on training courses. If you don’t have your own equipment you can rent what you need from us. During the courses you will have the opportunity make two complete videos.
They are the same courses used to train professional journalists at The BBC, The New York Times, Conde Nast, McGraw Hill, Radio Free Europe, ARD in Germany, as well as the Travel Channel and many other major media and journalism companies around the world.
These courses are specifically designed for the media professional who wishes to become proficient in the use of digital video both for broadcast and for online. They are open to current employees of media companies; those who wish to work for media companies and to those who would like to freelance and sell their work.
At the end of four days, you will be able to deliver a professional, broadcast quality video piece every single time.
No prior experience in video or television is required for these courses.
• How to shoot great video.
• How to script a video story.
• How to edit video on a laptop quickly and easily.
• How to structure a compelling story for video.
• How to track your own voice and create narration.
• How to mix audio for professional results.
• How to add music, graphics and titles to your video.
• How to produce a professional product every time.
• How to create great video stories for air or online.
• How to upload and distribute your video.
• How to market and sell your video (for freelancers).
• Legal and copyright issues.
• Music rights.